The Burri Boutique brand is a Swiss retail brand owned by Delia Burri, based in Switzerland. Burri Boutique opened its first boutique in Langenthal, Switzerland in 2018.
Burri Boutique may look to launch new brands to expand the range of products available to customers from time to time. This information should help you to understand relevant parts of this Policy including those relating to sharing of your details within Burri Boutique, e.g. for marketing purposes.
Where we use the words “we” or “us” in this Policy we are referring to Burri Boutique.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we use personal information we collect about you and includes the topics set out below:
- Your confidentiality and privacy
- Information we might need from you
- How we use this information
- How to unsubscribe from marketing
- How we keep this information secure
- Head Office Contact Details
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our website homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
Your Confidentiality & Privacy
We guarantee to protect your privacy. We take great care to make sure you receive the best protection possible for your personal information and any financial details that you provide. The Burri Boutique website is a secure site, and any personal data we collect from you is safe from misuse.
We abide by the Euroean Unions General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, and we make sure that any personal information we hold is handled properly. This means that your information will be fairly and lawfully processed, that we will make sure that it is accurate, and that your information is not kept for longer than necessary. Your information will be kept secure and processed in line with your rights under the GDPR 2018 legislation and will not be transferred to countries (whether inside or outside of the European Economic Area) without ensuring that adequate protection is in place.
As is normal for any retailer or other organisation, we use reputable businesses from time to time to supply us with a range of services such as delivery of parcels and printing of materials and it may be necessary to share your information, e.g. name/address details for parcel delivery, with those businesses. We will, of course, ensure that your information is secure and adequately protected and processed in line with the GDPR 2018 legislation.
Information we might need from you
Your name, date of birth, address, customer number, telephone number, e-mail address, credit/debit card number, expiry date and issue number. If you enter a prize draw or competition we will need your name, address, customer number and e-mail address.
How we use your Information
- General Information
We may use the information you provide as follows:
- To confirm receipt of your order, process it and keep you informed of progress
- To keep you up to date with new services, facilities, special offers and promotions (further details below) if you have chosen to subscribe to receive this information
- To enhance your shopping experience in the future by tailoring the site to meet your needs
- To administer prize draws and competitions if you have chosen to enter/take part in
We may also use your information, including shopping habits, for marketing as set out below. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please see the section below headed “How to unsubscribe from marketing”.
- We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or any other reasonable method in relation to products we offer for sale.
- We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or any other reasonable method to
- introduce products offered for sale by Burri Boutique and/or, carefully selected third parties.
- We may share your details with carefully selected third parties and those organisations may contact you by mail. We will not allow such organisations to contact you by email or telephone unless you have given us express permission for us to do so.
How to Unsubscribe from Marketing
If you decide at any time that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by Burri Boutique or you decide that you do not wish Burri Boutique to share information for marketing purposes with other brands or with carefully selected third parties, you can unsubscribe easily by following the instructions below.
Marketing from Burri Boutique
Please visit the appropriate unsubscribe link that is provided on the marketing post to unsubscribe from receiving the selected marketing posts. Or alternatively write to us , telephone our Customer Care Team Team or email us with your name and customer number in the message box. Please state as follows:
- that you no longer wish to receive or you no longer wish us to share information with other third parties for marketing purposes.
- Type of communication you no longer wish to receive (e.g. mail, telephone, email).
- You will also have the opportunity to unsubscribe via each marketing email sent to you in
- accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Note: If you unsubscribe from mail from a brand, you may no longer receive a catalogue from that brand, e.g. unsubscribing from mail from Burri Boutique may mean you no longer receive a Burri Boutique catalogue.
This information helps us to improve the overall level of service we provide to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies and can set up your web browser to automatically notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it or not. Please remember that, if you disable cookies, this may affect our ability to deliver a service through our website that is more tailored to you.
You can obtain further information about cookies from www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note, however, that those sites are operated by third parties and are not owned or operated by Burri Boutique and that Burri Boutique has no control over its content.
How we keep this information secure
All the information above is transmitted securely using SSL encryption. This means that the information is sent in such a way that, in the extremely unlikely event that someone is somehow able to obtain this information, only we can decode the information to obtain your details. This is done by encrypting the data between your computer and our server.
You can tell that the data is encrypted as the address in your browser will change from http:// to https:// and a small padlock icon will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is your guarantee that you can send your details to us with confidence.
We are required by the GDPR 2018, to follow strict security procedures in how we store and disclose information. You may be assured that we will adhere to these procedures with your personal details.
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated on July 2018.
Head office contact details